It is now 2017, and with every passing year, we ALWAYS say….”New year, New Me!!!”
We ALWAYS have the best intentions going into the new year, with our hearts and minds set on achieving great things. I always find myself pumped up at the start of every year, and later find myself at a stand still. After doing a lot of re-evaluating in 2016, I realized that I have blocked a lot of my own blessings, simply by allowing self-doubt to make itself a bit too comfortable in my life. This applies to my schooling, career goals, and even my success as a flautist. I have so many ideas floating around in my head, so many things I want to accomplish, and so much work to do to build the empire that I envision for myself and my family, but sometimes I just don’t know where to start. I decided to claim 2017 as the year of TAKING ACTION! “Self Doubt” has been officially EVICTED and Self Assurance has officially closed escrow in my life!
As a Self Love & Confidence Enthusiast, I always preach the importance of loving yourself, believing in yourself, and being confident in your God-given gifts and abilities. As ironic as it seems, I struggle daily with confidence! I struggle daily to trust and believe in my own potential! I struggle with the idea of being patient and allowing God to work things out in HIS divine timing. For these reasons, I had set myself back a great deal with my potential and ability to achieve greatness. To start the new year off right, I linked up with my loves at Shopthickchic and we put together a fabulous New Year shoot. This shoot was not only for the purposes of promoting beautiful plus size fashion, but to also declare that this year is all about taking the leap and initiating your own success! This shoot made me feel beautiful, confident, and in just the right head space to get my affairs in order and take action for whatever it is that I need God to strengthen me to do this year and so on. You already know that you get all the shopping links to the beautiful looks below, but I also wanted to leave you all with a few tips for success throughout this new year:
- Pray and Trust God
- Speak LIFE & POSITIVITY over your dreams, goals, and aspirations…don’t curse your blessings with your own mouth!
- Keep your FAMILY unit solid before anything. Support from the ones the truly love and care for you plays a major role in your success
- Look yourself in the mirror every morning and say “I Love You!”
- Keep gossip, negativity, distractions, stress, etc. OUT OF YOUR LIFE! The devil feeds off of these things!
- Take care of your mind, body, and soul
- Maintain a positive attitude, regardless of the circumstances
- Take some “ME TIME” when you can. Use this time to regroup and talk to God for guidance
- Don’t Give Up on Yourself!
- Trust Yourself and your abilities!
- Never take NO for an answer! When it comes to your dreams, keep striving until God sends you a YES!
- Celebrate your growth!
With that being said, have a prosperous, productive, and successful 2017! I hope that these tips help you along your journey of taking action in your own lives. We’re just 2 weeks into the year, so there’s plenty of time to create your destiny! Love you all! Enjoy all the looks from my New Year shoot with Shopthickchic along with the shopping links below:
METALLIC WOVEN TUNIC:
2-PIECE WRAP SKIRT & TOP:
PER-SUEDE ME MOTO JACKET:
STRETCH DISTRESSED DENIM JEANS:
FITTED KNIT DRESS:
SUEDE DRAPE NECK TOP:
FUR FRONT SWEATER:
CROPPED HOODED SWEAT SHRUG:
SALUTE YOU TUNIC TOP:
SLEEVELESS KNIT SWEATER:
Photos by Shannon Laurine Photography (@shannonlaurine)
Makeup by Crystal Valerie (@missmua)
Styled by Vanessa Patterson (@shevip)
Clothing provided by @Shopthickchic